Local Conservation Corps
Fresno EOC’s Local Conservation Corps (LCC) provides young adults, 18-25 years old in Fresno and surrounding communities, opportunities and support that will enable them to work towards achieving their full potential in the areas of: educational advancement - completion of high school diploma, college classes and Career Technical Education (CTE) classes and industry certifications; postsecondary college and career planning, readiness, enrollment assistance and alumni support; work readiness and paid on-the-job hands-on skills training and development; leadership and real-life soft-skills development; civic awareness; and community service.
Opportunities available at the LCC for young adults:
- Paid on-the-job hands-on skills training and workforce development in recycling and customer service, public lands conservation and maintenance, grounds maintenance and landscaping, construction – green building.
- Complete a high school diploma – on site YouthBuild Charter School of California
- CTE and industry certifications
- College and Career Center – postsecondary and career planning, enrollment assistance and on-ongoing support
- On site Fresno City College and Reedley College classes
- AmeriCorps – earn a college scholarship while serving the community in the corps
- Family centered education classes and support for parents
- Specialized programs for formerly incarcerated or court involved young people looking for a second chance
- Leadership and real-life soft-skills development
- Variety of supportive services