Employee Benefits and Rewards
Fresno EOC is proud of its commitment to our staff by offering generous paid vacation, sick, and holidays; comprehensive group medical insurance; dental, prescription drug and vision coverage; life insurance; flexible spending account; pension plan; 403(b) tax deferred retirement savings plan; wellness program; and ongoing appreciation and recognition events. Note that some benefits are only available to employees working 30 or more hours per week.
Employees are eligible to accrue up to three weeks of paid vacation during the first two years of continuous service; up to four weeks thereafter. Eligible part-time regular employees accrue paid vacation leave on a pro rata basis.
Paid Sick Leave
Employees are eligible to accrue up to 12 paid sick days per year. Eligible part-time regular employees accrue sick leave on a pro rata basis.
Fresno EOC observes the following thirteen 13 paid holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Lincoln's Birthday
- Washington's Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Cesar Chavez Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving and following Friday
- Christmas Day
Regular part-time and temporary employees are eligible to receive holiday pay only for holidays in which they are normally scheduled to work.
Group Health Insurance
Regular employees that work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for group medical coverage. Employees may choose from two PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) insurance plans with excellent coverage for eligible employees, legal spouse, registered domestic partner, and/or dependents.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Complementary Life and AD&D for employees with the option to purchase additional coverage for self and family
*Premiums for the health insurance plan are taken out pre-tax according to Section 125 of the IRS tax code.
After two years of continuous employment, employees are automatically enrolled in a Pension Plan. Fresno EOC contributes an amount equal to five percent (5%) of each employee's compensation during the plan year at no cost to the employee. Employees can choose to contribute up to 10% of their compensation during the plan year.
403(b) Tax Deferred Retirement Plan
Employees have the option to save for retirement starting day one by participating in our 403(b) Tax Deferred Retirement Plan. To help with investment decisions, employees can access Morgan Stanley to receive personalized investment advice.
Employees’ physical and mental well-being is of great importance to us. We offer an array of programs and activities promoting a healthy lifestyle at no cost to the employee including:
- Annual Wellness Fair – annual Fresno EOC sponsored event that includes dozens of vendors providing valuable information on products and services available to promote healthy living.
- Employee Assistance Program – access to free, confidential counseling and referral services designed to help you and household members deal with work, family, financial or legal problems.
Events and Discounts
Fresno EOC host events throughout the year to celebrate its employees and provide opportunities to get to know fellow co-workers:
- Spring family day
- Holiday party
- Discounted tickets to waterparks, theme parks , movie theater, and retail establishments
- Softball team
- Recognition luncheon for years of service, outstanding performance and exemplary attendance
- Employee mixers
- Ice cream socials
- Fresno EOC birthday celebration